What we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer who wants to help the world’s best universities and scientists understand how the human mind works. If you are our ideal candidate, you will be motivated to solve complex problems creatively and enjoy taking full ownership of your projects.
You will have a drive to continuously improve our existing platform as well as come up with initiatives for new and worthwhile projects. You will also enjoy having direct contact with our many students and researchers and offer them your technical expertise when needed.
You'll join our small core team where your opinions and suggestions will be considered from day one and where you will find a lot of freedom to bring in your own passion, personality and ideas. It is the perfect time to join if you are looking to creatively shape an exciting and growing product in a fascinating field.
Our team is fully remote and mostly based in Europe. We mostly use asynch collaboration methods and encourage our team to choose the working hours that suit them best. We do, however, run a daily standup and would expect at least 4 hours of your workday to overlap with 10 AM-6 PM EEST. We also organise 1-2 weekly hackathons per year where we meet in person that we strongly encourage everyone to join.
At Testable, you will get to
- Participate in regular design sprints and ideation sessions about the future directions and features of our platform
- Work in an open, international and collaborative team
- Be involved in creating the design architecture for new features and products
- Implement high-impact and visible new features and designs for any of our Testable products
- Improve performance and reliability of the platform
- Assist our researchers with technical challenges they face when using our platform
- Make critical technical decisions that will define our tech stack
- Conduct code reviews for your team members and offer constructive feedback
You will be efficient if you are
- Experienced (3+ years) building PHP (Laravel) based applications.
- Flexible to work on different types of tasks and areas of our platform
- A self-starter, capable and willing to make decisions
- Having strong opinions about high quality code and performance for full-stack applications
- Passionate about web, new technologies and tools.
- Familiar with cloud platforms and Linux servers (high availability, proxies etc.)
- Familiar with Laravel ecosystem - Vue.js, Alpine.js, Tailwind, Livewire.
- Familiar with Node.js (we have some tools that were best implemented in Node.js)
- Have fun, enjoy and have the best-in-class sarcasm detector 😉
Why join us
- Testable is an exciting and category-defining product in the fascinating space of behavioural Psychology
- In our team, we value not just your coding skills, but all your creativity, personality and initiative that you bring to the table
- You have the opportunity to create a workspace and schedule that truly works for you. As long as you deliver great work, you can do it where and when you want.
- You will likely make your first deploy to production in your first week with us and will see the our platform directly change as a result of your work and ideas.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in company-wide sprints and ideation sessions, where you can influence other parts of the business that would usually be inaccessible.
- We are looking forward to learn from you as much as you can expect to learn from our experienced team.
- Our in-person retreats in the legendary Transylvanian mountains could be the reason alone to take the plunge and join Testable!
- We will review your application
- We will schedule an initial phone or video call for 30min with Ciprian (CTO & co-founder) to discuss your experience and expectations and ask any questions you might have
- We will evaluate your skills with a small code project intended to take maximum 3h
- We will have follow-on interviews with the co-founders
- If we are impressed with you and your performance, we will make you an offer
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit, we have a small and hopefully fun challenge for you:
Here is a link to an experiment built using our platform: tstbl.co/412-698
Your job is to find the secret hidden on the page that will be the passcode to progress.
Email us the passcode found and also include your resume or LinkedIn/GitHub profile or live app(s) if available and why you think we are a good match for you, and you for us.