Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We are hiring a Customer Support Engineer to help us provide an excellent service experience to our customers. Join a team that has been working remotely for 7+ years.
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will be responsible for handling general support emails sent during US business hours, along with solving more technical requests from our customers. (e.g. Answering detailed questions about our API, and assisting with lead data cleanup and migrations). You will be reporting to the Manager of Customer Support, George Lucas.
You have experience moving data across the internet by interacting with APIs using Python scripts.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced remote environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed environment.
You are someone that has a healthy sense of curiosity and enjoys taking things apart and putting them back together.
** For this position we offer a 2 week trial that works around your schedule before joining the team full-time. This gives both parties the opportunity to explore if our remote environment is a good long term fit. **
- Respond to customer support tickets during ET/CT/MT/PT business hours.
- Provide customer support for the Close API and the customers that interact with it.
- Provide technical support and solutions to the Support, Success, and Sales teams.
- Escalating issues to senior support staff and engineering as needed
- Fraud prevention/detection
- Billing reconciliation
- Writing bug reports
- Coordinating with Success to provide extra support to large customers
- Maintaining help center documentation and creating content for new/updated features
- Physically based in the ET, CT, MT, or PT time zones.
- 1 year (or more) of experience using Python.
- High-level of proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a customer facing role (sales, support, hospitality, etc.).
Bonus Points If You ..
- Can provide us with scripts you’ve written that interact with a SaaS product’s API.
- Have experience scraping website data using Python with frameworks/libraries like requests, scrapy, and/or BeautifulSoup.
- Have experience with sales or sales tools.
- Have experience in a technical support role for a SaaS company.
Tools Used in Support
- Help Scout
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.