Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We are growing our Success Team of 7 in order to work with more customers, specifically to help with new customer onboarding and identifying high-growth customers.
You have at least one year of experience with B2B SaaS in a customer success role. Preference given to candidates with either 1) frontline sales experience of minimum one year that you can rely on to act as a trusted sales advisor for our customers or 2) experience working for a CRM platform or a sales enablement tool.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
You are someone with high emotional intelligence, having the ability to understand and empathize with the needs of others. You have a friendly, but strong demeanor. You must be available to work normal U.S. business hours and be proficient in English. You should have experience working in a startup environment and as a remote worker.
About the Role
The newest member of the Customer Success Team has several responsibilities: on-board new customers to help them set up for success, work with existing customers to increase the value they get from our service, and identify those customers who are rapidly growing and who may need extra love.
This person will also be responsible for helping to improve processes and customer content related to customer on-boarding, growth and overall success with Close. The team members you'll be working most directly with are Meghann O’Brien, Forrest Dwyer, Tina Duong, Laura Turnbull, Lauren Weisenthal, Fiona Hollingsworth and Liz Stephany.
- Virtually train and onboard new and existing customers
- Identify growth customers and give them extra TLC in order to build strong relationships
- Communicate effectively with all Close customers, including co-founders, executives, and sales teams
- Work closely with Success and Sales teams on seamless customer transitions
- Identify expansion opportunities and upsell customers
- Host in person customer events, some travel required
- Identify customer content needs and create FAQs, white papers, videos, and host webinars, as well as communicate with customers on our online Community
Why work with us?
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.