About Frontend Mentor
We aim to become the on-ramp to tech for developers worldwide. We're passionate about helping our community improve their skills by gaining hands-on experience building beautiful projects and engaging with others. We want to help thousands of developers each year find roles inside great companies that value their employees.
About the role
Community is at the heart of Frontend Mentor, so you'll play a central role in an essential aspect of the company. We're also a small team (only three full-timers!), so you will have an important voice in how we move forward and have the chance to grow with the company.
We are seeking an experienced Community Manager to join our team. As a Community Manager, you will be responsible for moderating and engaging with our community on various platforms. You will collaborate with other team members to plan and execute community engagement initiatives, manage moderators, and support our community members.
You'll play a critical part in helping thousands of developers improve their coding skills and take their first steps in tech. You'll also work with the rest of the team to shape our Learning, Hiring, and Admin platforms, being a voice for the community inside the product team.
- Manage and engage with our community on various platforms, including Slack, social media, and our platform.
- Ideate, plan, and implement community engagement initiatives to support our community's goals of improving their coding skills and getting hired.
- Manage our moderation team and provide them with the necessary resources to succeed.
- Act as the first point of contact for community members when they have queries or issues.
- Write newsletters and guides for our community to keep them informed and engaged.
- Help develop and execute our content strategy for our Learning and Hiring platforms.
- Own strategy and execution for all our social media channels, including planning, producing, and posting top-class content.
- 2+ years of professional experience in community management.
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and community management tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
Nice to have
- Some form of background in marketing.
- Knowledge of or an interest in coding.
- Remote-first and autonomous work environment.
- Flexible working hours (a daily 4-hour crossover with a 9am-5pm Mon-Fri UK work schedule is needed, however).
- Salary of £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
- Home office setup allowance.
- Work-from-home allowance.
- Personal development budget.
- 28 days holiday allowance per year, including national holidays. Plus, you get your birthday off!
We have a five-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Frontend Mentor while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with Matt Studdert (Founder of Frontend Mentor).
- Asynchronous test, giving you a better sense of the role.
- Video interview with Matt.
- Asynchronous video presentation.
- Informal chats with our other two team members.
If you are passionate about community management, have experience in this field, and are excited about this role, we would love to hear from you!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a little bit about you, and a brief outline about why working at Frontend Mentor interests you.