Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We care about performance (e.g. route-based code splitting), maintainability, and testability of our frontend code. We sweat the UI/UX details and work collaboratively with the Product team throughout the design process. This means diving into lo-fi wireframes, and communicating continuously when those ideas are brought to life using Figma and code.
Our frontend app is built on top of our REST API & GraphQL endpoints. Our backend tech stack consists of Python/Flask, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Redis. We run our services in Docker on AWS.
We ❤️ open sourcing our code and ideas on our GitHub and on The Making of Close, our behind-the-scenes Product & Engineering blog. Check our projects such as react-custom-scroller, use-infinite-scroll, use-abortable-effect, and smart-tooltip-delay or insights from our day-to-day work on such as Highlights From a Complex Downshift.js Refactor, A Case Study in"Reactizing" a Complex Backbone View, and Finding the cause of a memory leak in Jest tests.
We're looking for an experienced full-time (or part-time) Frontend Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, and launch major user-facing features.
You should have significant experience designing, debugging, and optimizing frontend applications to make them fast and reliable. You have significant experience with REST APIs and thoroughly understand HTTP requests. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You should have great product sense and be able to think through user experience issues before diving into the code, and you exhibit a love for great UI.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are physically located in the United States.
We are open to hiring mid, senior and staff level engineers for this role **
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience implementing real-time (e.g. websockets, polling, etc.) web apps
- Experience working with GraphQL endpoints
- An eye for design and experience with Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Photoshop, or similar
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Contributed open source code (core or plugins) for a popular frontend framework such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like...
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving real-time collaboration user experience
- Expanding our frontend GraphQL usage
- Extending our React component library
Why work with us?
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day of meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.