Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~80 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
Close is looking for an analyst to join our Finance team. You’ll work closely with teams across the company including Product and Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to analyze business data, identify growth opportunities, and support decision-making.
You have a unique blend of technical aptitude and business acumen; You’re just as excited by digging into the data alongside engineers as you are walking through a P&L with our leadership team.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Finance, Kayne Stroup.
About The Role
As our first analyst and the second member of the Finance team, this role will lay the groundwork for company-wide KPIs and lead cross-team projects to help achieve our company goals. The Senior RevOps Analyst will have the opportunity to build much of our data and reporting infrastructure from scratch, tangibly impacting the business.
- Develop and maintain our financial dashboards in Metabase.
- Perform ad-hoc queries (SQL / Excel) to support teams across the company.
- Ensure data source and metric accuracy.
- Proactively monitor KPIs to identify areas of opportunity or concern.
- Create financial models in Excel to help forecast company growth and inform business decisions.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance.
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis.
- Identify trends in business performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Manage cross-departmental projects.
- 3+ years in a technical or analyst role with ownership of business metrics, preferably at a startup or mid-sized tech company.
- Background in engineering, computer science, mathematics, finance, economics, or RevOps.
- Expert SQL (Postgres) and Excel
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Metabase)
- Understanding of the three core financial statements.
- Cross-departmental project management experience.
- Familiarity with B2B SaaS metrics.
- A knack for translating complex data into actionable, digestible business insights.
- Enthusiasm in the face of ambiguous problems and the ability to identify and organize relevant data.
- Must be physically located in the US.
Why Work With Us?
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS -- Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day of meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.